French-press, espresso, cold brew, cappuccino—there are so many amazing ways to turn coffee beans, water and Omega PowerCreamer into rich, delicious beverages. Is there one best way to make coffee? It depends on who you are and what you’re looking for in a caffeinated drink. We do, however, have a few of our best coffee-making methods here to talk about.
Do you want rich flavor, high caffeine content, or a mixture of both? Do you want something dark or something creamy? A frothing mug or an icy smoothie? Most coffee drinkers enjoy a variety of different coffee brews. Here are three of (what we consider to be) the best ways to make coffee.
The AeroPress Brew
While you will need a special tool to brew this coffee (the AeroPress), it is a surprisingly uncomplicated way to make a cup of coffee that many agree is the best. The AeroPress in an inexpensive implement and will have your coffee ready in less than 2 minutes—which is a good bit faster than almost every other coffee-making process. This makes it an obvious result for one of our best coffee-making methods.
This method results in a rich, aromatic flavor and pulls out all the best distinctions between bean roasts and combinations. It’s the perfect brew for drinking black, as well as being a great foundation for flavored creams and sweeteners like Omega PowerCreamer Cinnamon or Natural Cacao.
The AeroPress is a more recent coffee development, but it has quickly gained popularity, making it easy to find and affordable to purchase. Along with the gadget itself, you will receive:
- paper filters
- a funnel
- a coffee scoop
- a stirring paddle
Making coffee with an AeroPress is a simple process.
- First, heat water to boiling in a stovetop kettle or hotpot. Let cool for approximately 1 minute (using boiling water will over-extract your grounds, leading to a bitter brew).
- Use a grinder to finely grind 2 AeroPress scoops of fresh coffee beans.
- Place a paper filter in the AeroPress cup, dampen it slightly and use the funnel to add grounds.
- Fill with hot water to top measuring line.
- Stir once with the paddle.
- Insert the plunger and firmly depress. You will hear a hissing sound as the water is forced through the grounds.
- The AeroPress method results in a somewhat strong, espresso-like brew, so you may wish to add more hot water to dilute or go ahead and pour on the cream.
Creamy Hot Keto Latte
If you’re in the mood for something a bit creamier and luxurious, you can take the strong, black AeroPress brew and turn it into a creamy keto latte with just a few more minutes and ingredients.
- Start with 1/3 cup of hot strong coffee or espresso.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Omega PowerCreamer Vanilla or your flavor of choice.
- Add a small amount of natural sweetener if desired.
- In a separate bowl, use the Keto Coffee Mixer Power Frother to beat ½ cup of steamed almond milk or coconut milk for 30 to 45 seconds until light and frothy.
- Pour into coffee mixture and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Omega PowerCreamers contain a rich combination of ghee, extra-virgin coconut oil, and MCT oil and come in four different flavors, making them the perfect choice for a rich, creamy latte such as this one.
The Auto-Drip Coffee Maker
If you’re making just one or two cups at a time, it makes sense to go all out with an AeroPress or fancy latte. Few coffee-making methods work better for supplying a crowd of coffee-drinkers like an auto-drip machine.
With a bit of know-how, you can also make sure this it comes out quite decent and drinkable. Here a few steps for ensuring your coffee-maker drink tastes like you put a lot more trouble into it than you did.
- Keep your machine clean. Mineral deposits from your water can build up over time and sabotage the taste of your the delicious drink
- Invest in high-quality beans and grind them yourself just before you make your it
- Measure your beans carefully. For a rich, full-bodied brew, 1 tablespoon of beans per 8 ounces of water is a good rule of thumb.
- Don’t let the pot continue cooking on the heating element once all of the water has run through the beans. This scorches it and ruins the flavor.
- Add a dash of Omega PowerCreamer to mellow the brew and enhance its flavor.
Final Tip: High-quality Ingredients
You’ve heard the quip “you are what you eat”? Well, when it comes to coffee beverages and ingredients, it is what you use.
No matter what method you choose, or how much you like to add to a straight brew, the best way to make it is to start and finish with high-quality ingredients, from the freshly-ground Arabica bean to the organic keto creamer.